Moments that will live in our minds forever
The Best Quotes from The DNC
There were a lot of memorable moments in the just concluded DNC, the Mothers of the Movement, Mr. Khizr Khan and his wife honoring their son Hamayun Khan, US Marine KIA, Iraq, former Congressman Gabby Giffords coming out stronger than ever even after an assassination attempt on her by a deranged gunman. It was a great DNC, some of the most memorable speeches were delivered by First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack Obama. In my opinion those two were the best speeches in the convention. I really enjoyed Michael Bloomberg’s speech. It was funny, filled with zingers for Republican presumptuous nominee Donald Trump, the sarcasm was great and the delivery was masterful. Who know Bloomberg has a future in comedy?
In any case, below are 22 most memorable quotes in my opinion. If you have more you can add. So here we go.
- You have sacrificed nothing and no one– Khizr Khan, father is Army Captain Hamayun Khan, KIA in Iraq.
- “I can say with confidence there has never been a man or a woman — not Bill, not me — more qualified than Hillary Clinton to serve as president of the United States of America.”- President Barack Obama.
- This now, is the greatest country on earth– First Lady Michelle Obama
- A man you can bait with a tweet, is not a man we can trust with nuclear codes– Democratic Nominee Hillary Clinton
- Truth be told, the richest thing about Donald Trump is his hypocrisy– Michael Bloomberg, billionaire and former NYC Mayor
- The issues a president faces cannot be boiled down to 140 characters– First Lady Michelle Obama
- Speaking is difficult for me. But come January I want to hear these two words “Madam President.” — Former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords who survived an assasination attempt on her life.
- We are America, we are second to none, and we own the finish line. Don’t forget that– Vice President Joe Biden
- To Bernie or Bust people– you’re being ridiculous– Sarah Silverman, comedian
- Donald Trump, have you even read the US constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy –Khizr Khan, father is Army Captain Hamayun Khan, KIA in Iraq
- Trump says he wants to run the nation like he runs his business? God Help us!– Michael Bloomberg, billionaire and former NYC Mayor
- I’m a New Yorker and I know a con when I see one– Michael Bloomberg, billionaire and former NYC Mayor
- Together, let’s elect a sane competent person with international experience– Michael Bloomberg, billionaire and former NYC Mayor
- “Donald Trump doesn’t see me, he doesn’t hear me, and he definitely doesn’t speak for me.”– Anastasia Somoza, disability rights advocate.
- “It is a twisted hypocrisy when he treats other women in a manner he would never, ever accept from another man speaking about his daughters or his wife.”– Cory Booker, Senator NJ.
- “Donald Trump, I didn’t put my life on the line to defend our democracy so you could invite Russia to interfere in it.”-Tammy Duckworth, Illinois Rep.
- “Donald you’re so vain. You probably think this speech is about you, don’t you?” – Jennifer Granholm, former Michigan Gov.
- “In Donald Trump’s America, it doesn’t matter that I’m an accomplished attorney and a policy expert, it just matters how attractive I am on a scale of one to 10.”- Jennifer Lim, Co-founder Republican Women for Hillary.
- “Hello everyone. I’m Michael Jordan and I’m here with Hillary. I said that because I know that Donald Trump couldn’t tell the difference.”- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, NBA Hall of Famer.
- “You don’t stop being a mom when your child dies. You don’t stop being a parent. I am still Jordan Davis’s mother. — Lucia McBath
- “We’re going to keep telling our children’s stories, and we’re urging you to say their names.” Mothers of the Movement. Sybrina Fulton, mother of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin; Gwen Carr, mother of 42-year-old Eric Garner; Lezley McSpadden, mother of 18-year-old Mike Brown; Lucia McBath, mother of 17-year-old Jordan Davis; Wanda Johnson, mother of 22-year-old Oscar Grant; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, mother of 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton; Annette Nance-Holt, mother of 16-year-old Blair Holt; and Maria Hamilton, mother of 31-year-old Dontré Hamilton.
- Do all good you can, by all means, in all ways you can, in all places you can, at all times you can, to all people you can, as long as ever you can– Hillary Clinton, quoting a Methodist saying.